Thursday, October 14, 2010

Why "Draw The Line"

It's from the song by David Gray.  I love the song, and for several months it was my "mojo song."  These were songs that I had to listen to either while going to or come home from the store, in order for me to have a good sales day.  Over time, the mojo songs would change.  For quite a while it was Lady Marmalade, the Christina Aguilera version from the film Moulin Rouge.  After a while, that didn't seem to work anymore so I eventually found that my mojo had moved to Crazy, by the Welsh singer Jem.  I really liked the way she integrated a funky banjo riff into what was otherwise a conventional dance pop tune.

Finally, the mojo migrated to Draw The Line.  This was during the last six months I had the store, and I connected with the sense of grim determination that pervades the song.

Oh, I know it's total BS, but you just can't argue with superstition.

Here's Draw The Line:

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...

    What do we have here?

    A brand-spanking new blog.

    Very nice.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete